The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education.
Funded through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, JAMP is a unique partnership between thirteen Texas medical schools and sixty-eight public and private four-year undergraduate institutions.
Since 2003, JAMP has been helping Texas students achieve their dreams with financial and academic support to help them get to one of the participating thirteen medical schools.
- Support through undergraduate scholarships and summer stipends
- Placement into JAMP Summer Internship experiences
- Hands-on experience through clinical enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive, multi-phase MCAT preparation program
- Personal and professional development through dedicated mentoring
- Guaranteed admission to a participating Texas medical school if all criteria are met
- Scholarships to attend medical school